The Rheoline Moving Die Rheometer (MDR) is an advanced rotorless curemeter that determines the cure properties, mix and processability characteristics of a polymer material. Built as a standalone benchtop instrument, the Rheoline MDR is a Prescott Instruments bestseller and the most popular style of rubber testing instrument on the market today.
The Rheoline MDR oscillates the sample through either a 0.5°, 1.0° or 3.0° angle at a frequency of 1.67 Hz while maintaining a constant temperature within an impressive ±0.3°C range. The MDR is accompanied by Labline LIMS, a fully networkable software suite designed exclusively by Prescott Instruments. Labline provides operators, supervisors and managers with the tools needed to run tests more efficiently while effectively managing laboratory data.
An essential instrument for any polymer testing professional, the Rheoline MDR is a substantial addition to any existing laboratory or production environment. Designed and engineered to the highest standards throughout, the Rheoline MDR from Prescott Instruments delivers superior precision and accuracy even in the most demanding environments.
The Rheoline MDR can be upgraded with both a programmable temperature zone and an additional pressure module. These are in addition to Prescott Instruments patented automation upgrades, that permit the semi-automatic or fully-automatic operation of the instrument.
- The high-stiffness steel frame is durable enough to withstand the demands of a busy production environment with the precision performance to match
- Precision and accuracy to support the most critical applications
- Rigid construction provides stability and reliability even when testing the hardest of materials
- State-of-the-art digital motor technology provides superior feedback control
- The 16-bit PID has been exclusively designed by Prescott Instruments to deliver unparalleled temperature control to the highest levels of precision and stability
- Accompanied by bespoke high-end electronics for the highest data sampling rates available
Mode of Operation
- The sample is placed between a set of upper and lower dies that form a sealed biconical cavity.
- The sample is heated and held under pressure in this cavity, then oscillated through a small angle at a defined frequency.
- The resultant torque is read and recorded by the transducer.
- The torque signal is separated into two components – the viscous (loss) part and the elastic (storage) part
- The calculated parameters are used to interpret the cure properties, mix and processability of a material.
Real Time Display
Standard torque curve
Programmable data points & limits
ISO No. 6502 / ASTM D5289
Ambient to 250 °C
± 0.03 °C
0.5 °, 1.0 ° and 3.0 °
Programmable temperature zone
Additional pressure module
As part of Prescott Instruments commitment to you, the Rheoline Moving Die Rheometer is supplied complete with everything needed to perform dynamic, accurate and efficient elastomeric compound testing.
The provided PC comes pre-installed and calibrated with Labline Lite software, an advanced data acquisition and analysis software suite exclusively available from Prescott Instruments.
- Microsoft Windows ® OS PC (Monitor, keyboard and mouse)
- Labline Lite Software
- All peripheral cables and connectors
- Essential spares package
- Free technical support (one year)
The Rheoline Moving Die Rheometer is supplied with the latest computer hardware, pre-installed with Labline LIMS for Microsoft Windows ® OS, an innovative and advanced acquisition software package developed by Prescott Instruments.
This version of software grants an unlimited amount of test specifications with any number of test points. The software is complete with a calibration module to ensure only the most accurate measurements are recorded.
- Automatic Pass/Fail Result
- Laboratory Statistics
- Simple Instrument & Test Configuration
- Pre-loaded Test Specifications
- Produce Trend charts
- Easy Result Recalculation
- Report Printing Capabilities
Supports ODBC Database Connections:
– Microsoft Access ®
– Microsoft SQL Server ®
– IBM DB2 ®
Labline comes with an extensive range of test points:
|Minimum (ML)||Maximum (MH)|
|Scorch (TS)||Cure Percentage|
|Minimum (True)||Maximum (True)|
|Time Gate||Cure Gate|
|Cure Rate Time||Cure Rate Value|
|Delta Cure||Delta Cure Time|
- Elastic Torque
- Viscous Torque
- Tangent Delta
- Cure Rate
- Temperature (Upper)
- Temperature (Lower)
- Pressure in Cavity (Optional)
Units of Measurement
- Time: secs, min:sec, min.dec
- Temperature: °C, °F
- Torque: dNm, Inlbs, kgcm
- Pressure: kPa, Lbs/In2, Kg/cm2 (Optional)
- Cure Rate: InLbs/s, dNm/min, InLbs/min, dNm/s
- Angle: °, rad
ISO No. 6502 / ASTM D5289
|Standards:||ISO No. 6502 / ASTM D5289|
|Die Configuration:||Rotor-less, Biconical, Sealed System|
|Oscillation Frequency:||1.67 Hz|
|Oscillation Amplitude:||0.5 ° (Std.), 1.0 ° and 3.0 °|
|Temperature Range:||Ambient to 250 °C|
|Temperature Control:||3 term PID, control accuracy +/- 0.03 °C|
|Torque Range:||0.001 to 250 dNm|
|Electrical:||Single Phase 220/240 V 50 Hz | 110 V 60 Hz | 350 VA|
|Pneumatics:||Filtered Air, Min: 0.41 Mpa | 60 psi | 4.14 Bar | 4.2 kg/cm|
|Dimensions:||575 mm x 570 mm x 1280 mm (W x D x H)|