The Rheoline Oscillating Disc Rheometer (ODR) is a curemeter that measures the dynamic properties of a rubber sample throughout the vulcanisation process. As stand-alone desktop instrument, the Rheoline ODR is a classic rubber testing instrument that has been used extensively in the polymer industry for many decades.
The Rheoline ODR is a rotor-based curemeter with a fixed oscillation angle and oscillation frequency that operates from ambient to 250 °C within an impressive range of ± 0.03 °C. With superior electronics, precision engineering and sophisticated Labline LIMS software, the Rheoline ODR can comfortably meet the demands of both Quality Control and Research & Development environments alike.
Many rubber testing professionals are already familiar with the working principle of the Oscillating Disc Rheometer yet require the efficiency and precision of a 21st century instrument. With the Rheoline ODR, Prescott Instruments have successfully meshed traditional testing techniques with the expectations of a modern rubber testing laboratory.
The Rheoline Oscillating Disc Rheometer is a stand-alone benchtop instrument that is supplied with Labline LIMS, the flagship software suite from Prescott Instruments. In addition, a programmable temperature zone module is available as an optional upgrade.
- The high-stiffness steel frame is durable enough to withstand the demands of a busy production environment with the precision performance to match.
- Precision and accuracy to support the most critical applications
- Rigid construction provides stability and reliability even when testing the hardest of materials.
- State-of-the-art digital motor technology provides superior feedback control
- The 16-bit PID has been exclusively designed by Prescott Instruments to deliver unparalleled temperature control to the highest levels of precision and stability.
- Accompanied by bespoke high-end electronics for the highest data sampling rates available.
Mode of Operation
- A small rotor (disc) is embedded in a sample of rubber.
- The sample is placed between a set of upper and lower dies that form a sealed cavity. The sample is heated and held under pressure in this cavity.
- The rotor is oscillated through a small angle at a defined frequency, exerting a shear strain on the sample.
- The torque required to oscillate the rotor is read and recorded by the transducer. The torque signal is separated into two components – the viscous (loss) part and the elastic (storage) part.
- The calculated parameters are used to interpret the cure properties, mix and processability of a material.
Real Time Display
Standard torque curve
Programmable data points & limits
ISO 3417 / ASTM D2084
Ambient to 250 °C
± 0.03 °C
1.0°, 3.0° and 5.0°
Programmable temperature zones
As part of Prescott Instruments commitment to you, the Rheoline Oscillating Disc Rheometer (ODR) is supplied complete with everything needed to perform dynamic, accurate and efficient elastomeric compound testing.
The provided PC comes pre-installed and calibrated with Labline Lite software, an advanced data acquisition and analysis software suite exclusively available from Prescott Instruments.
- Microsoft Windows ® OS PC (Monitor, keyboard and mouse)
- Labline Lite Software
- All peripheral cables and connectors
- Essentials spares package
- Free technical support (one year)
The Rheoline Oscillating Disc Rheometer (ODR) is supplied with the latest computer hardware, pre-installed with Labline LIMS for Microsoft Windows ® OS, an innovative and advanced acquisition software package developed by Prescott Instruments.
This version of software grants an unlimited amount of test specifications with any number of test points. The software is complete with a calibration module to ensure only the most accurate measurements are recorded.
- Automatic Pass/Fail Result
- Laboratory Statistics
- Simple Instrument & Test Configuration
- Pre-loaded Test Specifications
- Produce Trend charts
- Easy Result Recalculation
- Report Printing Capabilities
Supports ODBC Database Connections:
– Microsoft Access ®
– Microsoft SQL Server ®
– IBM DB2 ®
Labline comes with an extensive range of test points:
|Minimum (ML)||Maximum (MH)|
|Scorch (TS)||Cure Percentage|
|Minimum (True)||Maximum (True)|
|Time Gate||Cure Gate|
|Cure Rate Time||Cure Rate Value|
|Delta Cure||Delta Cure Time|
- Elastic Torque
- Viscous Torque
- Tangent Delta
- Cure Rate
- Temperature (Upper)
- Temperature (Lower)
- Pressure in Cavity (Optional)
Units of Measurement
- Time: secs, min:sec, min.dec
- Temperature: °C, °F
- Torque: dNm, Inlbs, kgcm
- Pressure: kPa, Lbs/In2, Kg/cm2 (Optional)
- Cure Rate: InLbs/s, dNm/min, InLbs/min, dNm/s
- Angle: °, rad
|Standards:||ISO 3417 / ASTM D2084|
|Die Configuration:||Micro Production Die & Rotor, as specification (adjustable)|
|Oscillation Frequency:||1.67 Hz|
|Oscillation Amplitude:||1.0 ° (Std), 3.0 ° and 5.0 °|
|Temperature Range:||Ambient to 250 °C|
|Temperature Control:||3 term PID, control accuracy +/- 0.03 °C|
|Electrical:||Single Phase 220/240 V 50 Hz | 110 V 60 Hz | 350 VA|
|Pneumatics:||Filtered Air, Min: 0.41 Mpa | 60 psi | 4.14 Bar | 4.2 kg/cm|
|Dimensions:||575 mm x 570 mm x 1280 mm (W x D x H)|